PDF: ShipWorks Setup
Web Link Help File:
ShipWorks is a third party program that integrates with your website to provide an easy and direct way to manage orders placed on the website. Once orders are downloaded into ShipWorks, shipping information such as carrier tracking numbers can be uploaded back to the website automatically. This integration is fully compatible with UPS, FedEx, and USPS tracking numbers.
1) Begin by setting up the new store using the Add Store Wizard. From the Manage tab select the Stores option and click on the “Add Store” button.
2) The first page of the wizard requires the user to choose a store type from the drop down list. The “Generic-Module” option should be selected here. If using a registered copy of the software the license key may be entered as well. Click the “Next” button to continue.
3) Next, enter the username and password for a registered site user. We recommend that an internal user such as the Website Administrator be used here. In the Module URL field enter the following address substituting the <Webware Site URL> with your own site domain address: http://<Webware Site URL>/tpi/ShipWorks/ReconcileOrderStatus.aspx. Click the “Next” button to continue.
4) The next page is where general contact information can be entered. Click on the “Next” button to continue.
5) The final page of the wizard allows the user to instruct ShipWorks to automatically upload tracking numbers to the website orders after they have been obtained from the carrier. Check the “Upload the shipping tracking number box. Click the “Next” button to finish.
6) After the store has been setup orders placed on the site can be downloaded into ShipWorks. This can be done manually by clicking on the Download button in the menu bar within the Home tab.
7) Orders can also be scheduled to download automatically at set time intervals from the Store Settings window which is accessed from the Manage tab by clicking on the Stores menu option and then selecting the “Edit” button in the Manage Stores dialog box. Select Store Settings, click the check box next to the “automatically download every” option and then enter a time value. Click the “OK” button when finished.
8) Tracking numbers can now be obtained from the shipping carrier and uploaded to the site. Select one or more orders from the list, click on Ship Orders menu item from within the Home tab to access the Ship Orders window.
9) From the Ship Orders window click on the Process button. In the Tracking tab the tracking number will be displayed after gathering this information from the carrier. At this point the tracking number has also been uploaded to the site where it can be viewed on the website by the customer from the Order Status page.
10) If configured on your site, an email notification containing the tracking number will be automatically sent to the customer as well. Please see our “Email Template” support document which demonstrates how to enable and edit email notification messages.